Tuesday, June 19, 2007

This blogging thing is the ........

.....best thing! I feel released. I've decided it's not good to hold things in. But anything I write about, I want to feel God would be pleased. Because those of you who know me well, know my mind travels to gutter sometimes! I am amazed at the things that come out of my mouth. I guess that's what makes me human.
I just had a conversation with a friend about my going back to C3. I will probably have more, because some people thought I would never go back. I have many reasons, one being, I know that if I go back to a traditional church I will sit on the sidelines waiting to be feed or inspired. I know this is not true of everyone, I am speaking only for myself.
I've been a Christian for 15+ years, I can think of one person I've lead to Christ in all that time. I never worried about my church friends because I assumed they were saved or the pastor would save them. If I think about, how many people coming to church were "unchurched" it isn't many. Most people raised Baptist look for a Baptist church when they move to a new town (of course I am just speculating) . So, the church becomes mostly filled with "Baptist". And I know people get saved in the Baptist church, because I did. And I know there are different churches for different people. I guess what I am saying is, I have enough friends who love Jesus and I am feed through my bible and prayer, that I am I don't need all the "services" and "hours spent down at church" to be a good Christian. Which is one of the reasons I thought about leaving. I wanted all those events we used to have back! What I love about C3's vision is that I will have the opportunity to reach the unsaved, instead of sitting on the sideline. Like I said, I wanted the church to serve me, instead of me serving the church. So say or think what you want, but I feel I am in God's will. And unless God calls or sends me elsewhere, I am staying put. God has called me out of my comfort zone . I am so excited about the future. I am excited about leading more people to Christ! No one but Christ has influenced my decision. So please, just be happy for me. If your not and your confused, just pray God will give you understanding. I expect some of you are saying, but wait what about this or what about that. You know they do this and they do that. I used all those excuses, because I was mad about the changes. I am sticking 100% behind my church. GOD IS CHANGING LIVES, ESPECIALLY MINE!

1 comment:

Darrell said...

Your mind in the gutter?! No way! Love ya!
Andrea