Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day-I love Church Again!

Today was my first time at my church in a long time. I was nervous about going back. I figured today would seal the deal for me. Would I really want to go back? Yes! I can't explain the peace I felt and the moving of the Holy Spirit. I don't think I would have felt it, if I hadn't spent time praying and searching for the answers from God(instead of others). In some ways I wish I could start the whole past year over, but then I would have missed out on such a spiritual awaking. I read my bible in a different light now. I used to read this verse or that verse and try to find inspiration. I never dug deep. I have learned more lately, than I've learned in a lifetime.
I am now in Numbers. Which it definitely has a lot of numbers. I am amazed at how special God held the Israelites. I wonder what was going on with the rest of the world at this time? What was Europe like? I could go on...
It also amazes me to see God so violent.
There was a question in my bible, "Why kill someone who wanted to be close to God? Num. 1:51-53
The answer(from my bible): Because God is holy, sin cannot survive in his presence. A sinner will die in the light and power of God's holiness except when God makes special provision. God's ultimate provision was Christ, but here he used the tents of the Levites to form a protective barrier around the tabernacle, preventing the Israelites from accidentally wandering in God's holy presence. Aren't we glad God sent Christ as the ultimate sacrifice ?!?
Anyways, back to church. I loved every part of it. The music and message were wonderful! I know that I am supposed to be there. I know that God is going to change lives. I know people are being saved and will continue to be saved. I am also looking forward to moving to the theater. Which I can say made me really sad at first. Change is good. Change is necessary! It makes you dig deeper.
My biggest regret was hurting my best friend. Through all of this, she has let me search, let me talk trash, and let me figure out things for myself. Plus, I am sure the praying helped too! You are a true friend, you are my sister! You welcomed me back this morning, like nothing had ever happened. I am here for you and I am going to do my best to support and protect you. I am excited for the changes God is making in our 30's. I haven't felt this alive in a long time! Just don't ever move!
All this being said, I am having a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Darrell said...

It was great to see you and Jeff in the service yesterday. I know it took a lot of courage to come to church yesterday. We have missed you guys and I am glad that God is working in your life. Reaching people for Christ is never easy but it is so worth it.
I'm so glad you enjoyed the worship yesterday. We are praying for you guys. Take care and God Bless.
Darrell